In a world of one data breach after another, [RL1] enterprises face an especially hostile information security environment. Investing in solid threat discovery and protection that monitors and analyzes at big data scale is crucial. Responding to demand from the market and our clients, Cloudwick decided to engage Cloudera and Intel to build Cloudwick One® Open Source Adaptive Security (OSAS), a managed solution that delivers comprehensive visibility into threats by performing advanced analytics.
Cloudera provides the platform for Cloudwick to deliver to our clients a unified managed security solution with cost effective, long-term storage and analytics capabilities for endpoint, network, cloud, and user data. Cloudwick One® OSAS is a managed solution that leverages Cloudera’s enterprise data hub (EDH) and Open Network Insight (ONI) to deliver, at a reduced-time-to-market, comprehensive visibility into security threats by performing advanced analytics at scale. Performance is the key to unlocking the potential of unlimited data, and with the most powerful open source access frameworks, Cloudera EDH provides faster results than any other data platform.
Most existing security solutions only analyze millions of daily events, while Cloudera enables Cloudwick One® OSAS to analyze billions of events to detect suspicious activities and insider threats by analyzing data that’s already there – DNS packets, netflow, etc. Breaches are identified within hours rather than weeks.
With this innovation, enterprises can now look forward to a range of adaptive security features they’ve been asking for:
- Suspicious Connects: Filter out normal traffic and look for patterns in unusual network connections for triage.
- Suspicious DNS: Filter out normal DNS traffic to show patterns in an underlying graph, such as unusual rank order, network or geographical context as it relates to a domain and external threat intelligence.
- Storage Prediction: Future storage needs can be predicted based on data accumulation over a period of time, and the more data that exists, the more accurate the prediction.
- Incident Response: Take a specific IP address (one believed to be potentially risky) and gather details and characteristics of its associated communications to build a timeline of conversations that originated with it.
- Storyboard: Communicate threat intelligence across the organization by presenting results in a visualization storyboard, showing impact, progression, geolocation, and timeline.
We are excited to launch with Cloudera the first adaptive security solution of its kind, Cloudwick One OSAS, enabling enterprises to analyze network and cloud traffic and events at big data scale and speed. Learn more here.